Review: Us (2019)


My rating: 3

I am starting to feel a bit annoyed with all the movies from last two years. Honestly, I am more and more disappointed with each one I watch, more so when people rate it quite high. So is the case of Us. I expected at least average, but it simply is worse than that. 

Okay, there is an idea that this film is trying to portray, but it still is missing some important piece and mostly, the plot just does not make much sense and it seems like a story a 8yo would publish in a writing competition. Yes, you get the creepy and the unsettling (to some extent) but it's just a mess. 

Film is too long, there is no gradation as basically you get from 0 to 100 without any good foreshadowing or really hinting on the strange coincidences (which even though the film mentions them they are not there).

However, the cast got me surprised in a positive way, their acting skills are amazing and if the plot was better, the film could have stand out at least because of the performance of the actors. 


Comments