Review: Get Out (2017)




My rating: 6

The film is very interesting to watch, with quite an original idea that was not developed that well within the plot. The idea and the initial mystery behind all the weird encounters is what should make the film unsettling, however, despite the fact that some scenes are really anxiety inducing the film does not really seem that scary. You even get some funny twists in the dialogues.
The acting performances were great and made the film more authentic. However, as a fan of horror I must admit that I expected more horror elements. There are no jump scares, not much blood, just the overall mood you get is weird.
The second half of the movie seems to be more cliche like, not really surprising, but yet it matches the way the idea and characters are portrayed. I believe that the idea could have been pushed into the plot a bit more in this part. 
Overall it is a good average and it is not a bad idea to watch. I believe I would have enjoyed it more without watching the trailer. 

Comments