Spoiler free review: The Invisible Man (2020)


My rating: 6

Oh wow this one was weird... 

I mean The Invisible Man is not a terrible film. It brings to the horror genre certain sense of originality, conveying an idea we do not encounter that often within this genre. The plot has several major twists that were, unfortunately, clear to me way too early and this caused me to enjoy this film less. There also seem to be several plot holes especially towards the end of the film, and the ending itself was also not very well thought up.

What surprised me the most was the level of tension that was brought up in the first half of the film and was further underlined by amazing performance of the lead actress. Her performance was exceptional throughout the entire film and she portrayed the character with such authenticity it made the encounters very unsettling and it just got you thinking on whether the character really is experiencing those things or has gone crazy. But the initial tension got lost halfway through the film and there was something missing in the second half which not even the acting skill could have brought back. I believe this was partially caused by the length of the movie.

I have not really enjoyed the second half of the film as the big reveal was a disappointment to me. I had not read much about the film before I watched it so I expected something completely different. But I would still recommend it, as it may be interesting to watch.

Tension: 7 | Gore: 2 | Originality: 8

Comments