Recommended: Shirley (2020)




My rating: 8/10

Any fan of horror stories is probably familiar with Shirley Jackson. Her writings are, in my opinion, true masterpieces when it comes to horror books. Thus I was very excited to watch this film.



Honestly, I have not read her biography, nor do I know what was going on with her while she was writing her books and I believe it makes this film better for me, because I do not really need to compare it with the real life as it were.

This film is truly strange, it makes you feel anxious, makes you feel almost suffocating.

The entire concept is greatly thought through, plot twists are working well with the story and it makes you think a lot about all the things you just saw. 
The way characters are written and also portrayed by the actors is exceptionally good. Characters, especially Shirley, are interesting. Shirley is very mysterious, manipulative and interesting to watch. Her dialogues, the way she acts, everything about her is very unsettling.
It is a longer film, but still the movie will keep you entertained the entire time.

Comments